Listen and feel

Spending time with our horses with no task in mind can sometimes be very beneficial. I was riding yesterday - well, actually I was sitting on my horse while he was walking along - but couldn't muster the energy to ask him for a pattern or some maneuvers. I decided to just listen and feel how his movements would affect my seat, the position of my legs and the rotation of my pelvis. I tried to feel which foot was in the air, which was touching the ground and how the weight shifted in his body. Hanna Engström, knight of the Academic Art of Riding, teaches these sessions in her clinics. We often are so busy training our horses and trying to achieve some fancy movements that we forget to listen and observe what is actually going on in their and in our bodies. I think it is interesting and important to from time to time be quiet and let the horse's body talk instead.

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment